Saturday, March 21, 2015

friday night project time

It's a Friday night, and my husband's asleep in bed.  The headache monster got him, so I'm left alone to my personal project of the night: spring cleaning, the big project after taxes and insurance (I am soooooooooo OLD!).

My parents had recently come to visit last month, leaving me with the rest of my belongings: over 14 bins of books, notes, and files upon files.  Me, being the sentimental sap, over-zealous note-taker, and hopeless learner that I am, currently own many things.  That's very unfortunate when one desires to live simply and to have the freedom to pick up and move wherever, whenever.

My resolutions for this year have become very much about detaching myself from my stuff, and getting basic.  For me, that is very difficult.  Why I place goals like that on my self, I will never know.

I have found letters that I never finished (or sent), life and missionary notes from years past, and many letters from loved ones, reminding me that I have the worst memory of reality.  I truly live in my head.

It's getting late.  I should go to bed, but I detest unfinished projects no matter huge they are, so this will be a difficult choice.  Especially when they are huge, because they are lofty projects.

Time to let go, and to trust that He has a plan for my projects.

~Esa Cita

P.S. I got married, and my whole life is different and awesome.





No comments:

Post a Comment