Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Wisdom of Non-Wisdom

Say-John Mayer


It takes me back to Senior year of high school, when acting upon ones heart was the way to go.  Back when suspensions and getting grounded for the rest of your life was worth it, and romantic memories consisted of orange tic-tacs, chocolate lollipop hearts, sneaking out of your two-story window, and long walks in the rain. And puddles. Big puddles.  Back then, throwing tacos at people's faces was totally forgivable because anything was game that year, and the small town ice cream shops had cool bars and places for bands to play at night.  The pizza place on Main Street had the high school football teams on there from 12 years earlier, and the athletes, brains, and musicians made their mommas proud. 

Senior year, the whole world was figured out solely upon the knowledge that we knew nothing; and we were pretty okay with that, because our lives were going to change forever and that was sad but okay.  The new world was going to crash on in upon us but we were the class of '08, we were just too great. 

Senior year passed on by with a blink of an eye, and I bid good-bye to convertible hair and star-gazing out on the roof.  A few thousand miles later, I watched every aspect of my life drastically switch up on me and I used my power of self-sustainability like no other.  Notes, letters, and many pieces of paper later, I began to conclude, renew, and pursue.

I would insert the beginning of college here, but that became a whole 'notha ball game.

So notes, letters, and many pieces of paper later, I began to conclude, renew, and pursue...and it turns out that I was right.  I had the whole thing figured out back then.  Wisdom of a philosopher from the B.C. times.  We are most wise because we accept that we do not know everything.

Say what you need to say, say what you need to say.

I told you so dear, nothing is more important than love. Know, love, serve; just throw it in the bag, they all need to come up with me anyways.  So boom, roasted. Time to continue loving in this trip called life, the next stop's coming soon.

~Esa Cita

1 comment:

  1. SO GOOD i practically got chills. now you got me all nostalgic!!

    ReplyDelete