Monday, February 28, 2011

Jazzman's Treasure


There is a lady that works at our one of campus coffee shops who has an incredible gift. 

Along with occasionally spoiling Spanish-speaking students with whipped cream and caramel, she brings to the world one of the most beautiful things in existence: a cheerful, loving countenance. 

This cheerful, loving countenance has smiled on me many times.  It has smiled on me during my early freshman year when I had a job and constantly spoiled myself with a caramel macchiato after class; it has smiled at me after my first few exams of college that scared me half to death; it has smiled at me during my sophomore year when I treated myself on Fridays, and now, as my junior year comes to spring break it smiles at me on Tuesdays when I hang out with Amy.

On a campus where smiles are way less frequent when I am not around my friends and acquaintances, a smile and warm love coming from a stranger brings such joy to my heart.  Especially on a rainy day like today.

I recognized her today while she was washing her hands by the bathroom stall.  I said hello and asked her how she was doing.  With her wonderfully pleasant and warm way, she simply said she was well and I quietly said, “That’s GOOD!”  Some people's smiles explode from their face and make you want to smile for the rest of the day.  This lady's is one of them.
Often we forget about the importance of who we become because we are so wrapped up in thinking about what we are to DO: getting the grade, getting to class on time, making money, do, do do.  I forget about the ultimate satisfaction on becoming. 

May God bless Jazzman’s Treasure: the lady with true swagger, the swagger of a champion.

~Esa Cita

3 comments:

  1. ohh! haha, I don't know the JC ones ... the one at Fenwick reminded me by your post, though!

    ReplyDelete