Tuesday, July 26, 2011

New drinks, new horizons.

As I have been enjoying my new life of being a 21-year old, I have come to learn that with new drinks in my life comes a new lifestyle: the lifestyle of sitting down and chatting your night away over drinks.  There's nothing like gathering with some lovely people over drinks and enjoying each others' company.

Oh wait, I already do that with coffee.


Let me try this again.

There's nothing like getting cool drinks because you're allowed to.  But wait.

This is actually kinda cooler..

I don't know.  I don't quite understand it yet.  Now, I have yet to understand what it means to have a hangover or even be slightly close to doing something my ridiculous sober self wouldn't do, but I have a feeling that I won't find it in a stupor.

But there's something, definitely something different.  And it's nice. Really nice.  Pretty cool thing to be 21 actually.  I can feel young and old at the same time.  I have the youthful perks (good looks, charm, good looks, sass, cool friends) and the elder perks (a debit card, a license, a birthday before today's date in 1990, good lasting friends).  I have been alive long enough to read and come to the more definite conclusions about life and how it is so beautiful.  Most importantly, I can get that cool pink phone cover because it's my birthday.  Please don't take that last sentence seriously, I just finished watching three psych episodes in a row.

There's something different about being 21.  There's the drinks, there's the atmosphere, there's the tastiness, there's something.  Don't deny my claim, I have female intuition so I know what I'm talking about.

Maybe I'll find out later on tonight as I try to fall asleep. Or maybe I'll put my finger on it next time I go out for drinks, which if I follow the schedule I've been following, it'll be two nights from now.  Maybe I'll figure it out 5 minutes from now while I'm talking.

Nevertheless, I stick to my conclusion without hardcore facts.  Turning 21, despite my previous assumptions, is in fact really nice.


~Esa Cita

1 comment:

  1. I was clicking away (to the links) after reading the post. :)

    I bet it is nice being 21.
    Not to say that I do not like my age, but you make it sound so classy, in a good way.
    Like a ladies tea night or something. haha.

    The conversation with your mom was funny. Las Tapas!

    Coffee is a cool drink too! ;)

    ReplyDelete