Sunday, July 10, 2011

On to the next part

My family is approaching a new chapter in life: a kid is moving out for school.

Although I've been going to college for 3 years and am about to be a Senior, I have never moved away from the family.  I took the road less traveled and have been commuting to school from home.  No, this post is not about that.  Not only does that topic need a whole other blog post on the craziness of that life, but it also requires a whole bunch of praying beforehand in order to avoid complaining list of the sacrifices and "woe-is-me" attitude.

But I digress.

My brother Ricky is moving out of the house to go to the Air Force Academy Prep School, which is the school where 250 peeps from this country go to in hopes of attending the Academy.  After 10 months of the prep school, many preppies get appointed to attend the Academy, technically making their "college experience" a five-year plan.  It's an opportunity of a lifetime, and a route that my broski has chosen to take.

After Tuesday morning, I won't see him until Thanksgiving break.  I definitely plan to take all that break off to have massive brofest activities (as we like to call them) to make up for the many bro-fests that will be missed.


Ricky, Rafiki, Kique, whatever you would like to be called, we all love you and are going to miss you terribly.  Here's a classy picture of all the kids together at the beach this summer:

We're a very serious family.

Here's Ricky and I with Javi, whose soul has been charged upon us to pray for in a special way.

The excellent godparents.


Not having Ricky at home will be quite weird, but come Labor Day he will have access to internet and a cell phone.  So, he will be bombarded with snail mail for the next month and a half.

Love you Kique.


~Esa Cita

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying for your family as you all proceed to the next chapter!

    Que rapido se va el tiempo.

    I remember when both of my older sisters left for college. Worst part is the withdrawal in the beginning of the semester, but it got better!

    If you cannot contact your brother via internet, maybe postcard/letters will work?

    Your sibling bond will be so much closer than it already is! :)

    ReplyDelete