Monday, November 15, 2010

Half Full, Half Finished

Near My Old House in the Station

November is almost half way over!




This means that Thanksgiving is imminent...
creepin' on me and trying to catch me off-guard.
Papers, outlines, quizzes and tests are blurring me into the end of the semester.
Plans for the future semesters have me excited for new things.

My week was pretty flippin' alright. Friday was full of bustlin', life sharing and chit-chatting, monthly Upper Room, tears, and then I watched Hancock with Noeli. Yes, Hancock. The movie with the most wonderful man ever. Ah. [Sigh] Oh, and my ring that I got last December broke on me Friday night as I was reaching into the fridge for something. Slight travesty...it was my favorite ring and I feel naked. One of the wooden pieces is still in the fridge somewhere....I can't find it. Oh well, someone's gonna find wood in their ham and cheese.

Saturday, I slept in, babysat, studied, and went to see the Bayanihan Philippine National Dance Company perform at the Center for the Arts. Super awesome. Tons of colors, jumping Filipinos, Spanish-speaking, a beautiful rose in the background. Oh man oh man.

Sunday was family brunch day! I saw Anastasia for the first time in many years. Love. I've forgotten how much I enjoy it. I haven't forgotten how much I love my family chain in FOCUS though. Sure makes things beautiful I must say. Speaking of beautiful...the weather is still AWESOME!!! Last year it was terribly terribly cold at this time. However, now it's just ridiculous amazing. Blue skies, colorful leaves, perfect weather. Couldn't ask for more.

The rest of the day was spent studying ECON until about midnight. Not cool. I decided this section to actually really study in hopes of raising my grades. We'll see. I'm not too happy with my homework and whined away my salvation to one of my classmates on the phone while doing it.

So this is random, but...dreams.
  • Go overseas for a service trip before I graduate
  • Study abroad
  • Get my back into awesome shape
  • Get on a whole 'notha level in life
About those dreams:
I wanted to go overseas this coming spring for a service trip, but because of health stuff I can't. Bleh. Senior year I wanna be better and able. Instead, I'm applying for this other trip next semester that doesn't make me do physical stuff. I'm trying to study in IL with the Community of Saint John! I'm really excited about that. I'm gonna be studying philosophy and love. I'm gonna come out a wise ole soul. ;)
Study Abroad: Senior year, Fall 2011. It's gotta happen. I've gotta try and make it work out. We shall see!
Get my back into awesome shape: sitting up straight it my first step. [sits up straight] It's difficult for a slobby sitter like myself. But if I want to get better I need to get on top of this. Also, those back exercises need some doing..
Whole 'notha level: Pretty much, I just want more and more.

Well, it's time for sleepy-pie. Good night dear blog.


~Esa Cita


P.S.

One of those Cute Daddy Songs I Love:

I remember when you were born
I felt like one lucky
Son of a gun
Held you in my arms so tight

I'd never forget

The best years of my life


Apple of your daddy's eye

Wanna be the one to hold you in the night

Apple of your daddy's eye
Oh, oh sleep tight
Don't you worry gonna be alright


Don't stop ever lovin' me because

You're the apple of your daddy's eye.

1 comment:

  1. But .. but .. we get to be in IL together! Hopefully!

    And hm, do you want to be back exercise accountability partners?

    And yeah, I think we're going to have to postpone the tea date till Christmas break. There's just waaaaaay too much work to do before the end of the semester...

    ReplyDelete