Friday, November 19, 2010

The Origin of Cita



I don't recall that I've ever shared the story on how and why I sign everything on this blog "Cita." Here's the story:

So, once upon a time, I made a friend named Kana. Kana was great; really great. Since I was often called Carmencita and since many of my non-Latin friends thought that Carmen was short for Carmencita, Kana and I enjoyed joking with my name. He started calling me Cita, and I even changed my Facebook name to be Carmen Cita for a while to see how many people would think that Cita was my middle name.

Cita became the name he called me, and was another cool nickname that I came to love.

Kana is still great; really great. He now lives in California studying fashion design, designing all sorts of cool things. And he still calls me Cita, the name I carry for this blog.

If I were a rich kid I'd totally would buy his stuff. There are so many times where I wish that I was rich so that I could heavily support a trillion people and organizations I wish I had money to support. Missionaries, mission trips, fashion designers, jewelry-makers, orphanages, schools, the organizations my family members and I are part of, and all these different fantastic things.

Distractions aside, that's the story of how I came to make this blog to be Esa Cita. In Spanish, Esa means "That." So, I'm saying "That Cita."

Funny thing is, "Cita" is actually a Spanish word. So if you speak Spanish, you'll notice that my name sounds kinda funny and I'm technically calling myself that appointment or that quote. Gotta love being a Spanglish speaker, teh heh.

Time to go work on a paper. Got about three that I need to work on..yaahhhooo school!!

~Esa Cita

No comments:

Post a Comment