Sunday, November 28, 2010

Hey you, Catholic.


Yeah, you.


Happy New Liturgical Year!


:)



It's 2:14AM and what exciting thing am I doing for this fabulous new year? My final paper for GOVT! Yaaahhooooo!!! Well, sarcasm aside...it's actually not that bad. I'm writing a paper on American public opinion...and it's opening my eyes to public opinion in general. Did you know that in my research the people that answer "I Don't Know/Refuse to Answer" tend to be a minority for Americans...but in Russia (especially when it comes to them talking about Iran and China and conflicts) it can be a majority? Now that I think of it, it's not very surprising.

Maybe this is a sign that I've been reading too many nerdy surveys...but I find it
so cool and I've begun to enjoy myself in this research. We Americans are so confident that our opinion is a "Yes" or a "No" instead of an "Ionno". We know that we won't get lined up for the firing squad if we say what we think, so we blab away our opinions and thoughts. (Kinda like me with this blog...) But to be fair, I've found in surveys that we Americans love to be hard on ourselves and our stereotypes as well...soooo...we kinda balance out our "personality" in a way.

Now it's back t
o analyzing some more American opinions....and eating the last piece pumpkin pie from the fridge. Mother dear may not be pleased with me...but I needed something tasty to go with my cafe con leche.

~Esa Cita

No comments:

Post a Comment